Sunday, November 24, 2013


Day 2



Loving the Lord with all our strength – engagement

Loving the Lord with all our strength means that our lives are fully engaged into loving the Lord.   
Think about where you give your most energy and effort and attention…undoubtedly vocation, school, family, are what come to your mind.  To learn how to love the Lord through these places of greatest engagement of your time and energy and heart is a key to loving the Lord with all your strength.  The Apostle Paul confirms this, right before going into a passage that specifically addresses family and vocation:

17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.                  Colossians 3:17

So the key question is “How do I live my life in Jesus’ Name?”  Let’s make it specific: What would it be like to…

Wake up
Eat
Drive
Ride the bus
Greet my spouse/siblings/friends/non-friends
Go to school
Work
Fufill my household duties
Watch television
Engage in my hobbies
Have a social life
Surf the internet
Etc.

…in Jesus’ Name? 


We really don’t need questions for further thought on this devotional.  Simply go back through the above extended question and consider what it would be like to live everyday life in Jesus’ Name.  It might be helpful to think of living in Jesus’ Name as follows:

Am I acting as Jesus’ ambassador, representative, conducting my life in a way that represents Him?

If at the end of a given day I gave Jesus a report of how I drove, worked, talked to my family, etc…would He sign off on it, give His approval?  





No comments:

Post a Comment