Thursday, October 31, 2013


Day 5
        
Spiritual Disciplines continued

Bible Reading: Trusting the Holy Spirit-inspired words of Scripture as our guide, wisdom, and strength for life.“Let the word of Christ dwell in your richly” (Colossians 3:16).  Thank God for the Bible! When we read (or listen to) the Bible rightly we submit ourselves to it (rather than using it to support our theology or agenda) and so we find that God surprises us with insights, convictions, and encouragements. The Bible washes our minds and restores our souls.

Worship: Praising God’s greatness, goodness, and beauty in words, music, ritual, or silence.

Prayer: “Prayer is a way of life in which we converse with God, at his initiative, so that we are “co-laboring” with him in all that we do to accomplish the good things that advance his Kingdom. For prayer to become a way of living intimately with the Lord it must first be a spiritual discipline.

Soul Friendship: Engaging fellow disciples of Jesus in prayerful conversation or other spiritual practices.

Personal Reflection: Paying attention to our inner self in order to grow in love for God, others, and self.

Service: Humbly serving God by overflowing with his love and compassion to others, especially those in need.


Let’s practice the discipline of Bible meditation as we end this week by mediating on Galatians 2:20

20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Suggestions for meditating on Galatians 2:20:

·         Read it repeatedly, slowly, prayerfully. 

·         Think about it over and over…
            How have I been crucified with Christ?
            How does Christ live in me?
Do I live by faith in the Son of God or my own will?
How can I set aside my life in exchange for the life of Christ? 
Bask in the great love of Christ, demonstrated by the fact that He gave Himself for me.  How does that impact me? 

·         Write it down:  how has this impacted you? 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________









No comments:

Post a Comment