Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Gospel

Day 2



The Gospel

The following was part of a multi-media presentation we showed at the end of our October 13th morning service.  It describes how the truth of the Gospel must frame and direct our lives. 

Before Christ
I was a different person
This person was my old nature
My old self
But that person died
And my life is now hidden with Christ
I am in Christ and He is in me
I am a new creation
This doesn't mean that I will never stumble or fall back into old patterns
But I will call them what they are
Old patterns
Old habits of the old person
I will confess them
I will thank God for His forgiveness
I will make amends
And then move on
Not because I am taking sin lightly
But because I am taking seriously who God says I am
Holy
Pure
Unstained without blemish
Not because of anything I have done
But because of what God has done for me
He has wiped my slate clean
I am blameless before God
Therefore shame has no place in my life
Because I am a new creation
And all of the ugly parts of my story
The parts I want to pretend never happened
Have been redeemed
And they have become the means in my life
When God's grace is most on display
Thank you God that
My mistakes do not define me
My past does not define me
Because God has defined my identity
I am his beloved child
In whom He is well pleased
This is my identity!


2 Corinthians 5:14-21; Ephesians 4:17-32; Colossians 3:1-17


What parts of the above writing spoke to you the most?  Why? 
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Prayer: Reflecting specifically on this devotional, write out a prayer to God. 



No comments:

Post a Comment